|JORGE TOMAS TOP 40
SINCE 1985 - UPDATED EVERY 2 WEEKS WITH MY CURRENT FAVOURITE SONGS
|Edition 736: 30 June 2005
1. (19) MIGHTY SIX NINETY - Leave This World
Third band from USA to reach Number One this decade so far following The Strokes and The Bravery.
2. (2) BOY KILL BOY - Suzie
3. (3) MERCROMINA - La Gran Aventura
4. (1) HARD-FI - Tied Up Too Tight
5. (4) EDITORS - Munich
6. (7) MANIC STREET PREACHERS - Firefight
7. (8) INTERPOL - C'Mere
8. (6) THE TEARS - Refugees
9. (5) RUFUS WAINWRIGHT - I Don't Know What It Is
10. (9) THE HOLLOW - What You Give Is What You Get
11. (-) DECORATION - I Tried, I Liked It, I Loved It
Debut hit. One of the last bands to get a record deal after being played on John Peel's radio show. Debut single in the
tradition of the best UK 80's indie bands.
12. (25) EDITORS - Blood
13. (14) ENGINEERS - Home
14. (23) THE RIFLES - When I'm Alone
15. (24) MEW - Apocalypso
16. (12) BRITISH SEA POWER - It Ended On An Oily Stage
17. (13) COLDPLAY - Speed Of Sound
18. (11) MAXIMO PARK - Graffiti
19. (10) M83 - Don't Save Us From The Flames
20. (21) YOUTH GROUP - Someone Else's Dream
21. (20) BRITISH SEA POWER - Please Stand Up
22. (18) FEEDER - Feeling A Moment
23. (22) ATHLETE - Half Light
24. (26) LEAVES - The Spell
25. (31) THE COLOUR - Mirror Ball
26. (27) TURIN BRAKES - Fishing For A Dream
27. (32) M83 - Teen Angst
28. (37) YOUTH GROUP - Shadowland
29. (33) EVERY MOVE A PICTURE - Signs Of Life
30. (34) OMERTA - Everyone Is Frozen
31. (-) JJ72 - She's Gone
4th hit. New single (limited to 500 copies only!). Irish band that reached Number One in 2000 with 'Oxygen'.
32. (-) KEITH - Hold That Gun
Debut hit. Four-piece band based in Manchester. Debut single more than inspired in The Smiths' sound.
33. (36) IDLEWILD - El Capitan
34. (-) THE RACE - Raising Children
Debut hit. Another debut single. Promising four-piece band from Reading.
35. (17) RICKY - Stop Knocking The Walls Down
36. (16) THE RIFLES - Peace & Quiet
37. (15) ED HARCOURT - Loneliness
38. (-) THE MAGIC NUMBERS - Love Me Like You
Debut hit. Male-female UK band. New single from their debut album. Previous one 'Forever Lost' came close to make
the chart last April.
39. (-) AMSTERDAM - Does This Train Stop On Merseyside?
Debut hit. Liverpool band's second single. Their first one was a split single with Ricky's song currently at #35.
40. (-) SHOUT OUT LOUDS - The Comeback
Debut hit. Five-piece band from Stockholm, Sweden. One of the singles from their debut album 'Howl Howl Gaff Gaff'.